FREIGHT DISPATCHER JOBS
GTS Transportation is looking to add talented dispatchers to our operations team. A successful dispatcher will have great negotiating skills, sales experience, be able to work in a fast paced environment, and a team player.
APPLY FOR JOB
Truck Dispatcher Duties & Responsibilities
- Negotiate rates directly with brokers, and keep in constant communication with your drivers to ensure timely acceptance of offered loads.
- Plan and dispatch drivers to appropriate locations per customer request in the most efficient and cost effective manner available.
- Using freight booking platforms to book freight.
- Establishing relationships with customers/brokers.
- Entering orders into TMS.
- Proactively tracking shipments and alerting brokers for anticipated scheduling delays.
- Maintaining strong relationships with drivers.
- Keep tabs on the weather at all drivers’ locations to be able to flag potential issues, typically with the aid of numerous computer programs.
- Serve as a reliable point of contact to balance drivers’ health and safety with customer requirements.
- Coordinate and manage the most efficient loads to remain cost-effective as a company,
- Authorized to work in US without sponsorship
- Fundamental knowledge of transportation, routing, and geography in US
- Proficient in Microsoft Office, Excel.
- Ability to professionally communicate with customers, OTR drivers, and dispatchers. Ability to work individually and as a part of a team.
- Fluent in both verbal and written English
Truck Dispatcher Skills & Competencies
- Computer skills: You should be proficient with computer technology, able to learn company-specific programs, and access GPS monitoring programs.
- Language skills: You should be fluent in English, and knowing a second language is a plus but not required
- Interpersonal skills: You’ll be working with drivers, customers, and vendors, not all of whom will necessarily have the same goals in mind.
- Be able to demonstrate attention to details and excellent follow through;
- Team player and can collaborate with other members of our organization;
- High level of interpersonal skills with demonstrated poise, tact and diplomacy with customers, drivers and other staff members.
- Strong organizational skills and ability to prioritize and reorganize workload in order to meet deadlines in a dynamic work environment.
Qualifications / Additional Skills:
- Previous experience with automated TMS systems and electronic logbook systems is preferred.
- Ability to prioritize tasks and manage time effectively.
- Computer literate
- Able to work in a fast paced environment
- Able to handle heavy phone traffic