IT Support Technician
Essential Job Functions:
- Installs and maintains hardware systems at a basic level for staff to ensure technology resources are properly functioning.
- Performs repairs and troubleshooting of technology issues at the sites and remotely, to ensure problems are resolved timely.
- Provides support for the installation, configuration, maintenance of hardware and software for desktops, laptops, wireless and cellular devices, Windows-based servers, peripherals, videoconferencing, LANs, WANs and digital media.
- Resolves issues for encountering hardware, software and other problems relating to technology.
- Creates, logs, updates, and resolves technology tickets using appropriate ticketing system in a timely manner.
- Completes special projects as assigned.
- Performs other duties as assigned or required.
APPLY FOR JOB
- Basic knowledge in the safe use of various tools utilized for technical troubleshooting, repair and support including software and hand-tools.
- Basic knowledge of computer and audiovisual systems, Active Directory, and network.
- Basic knowledge of computer and audiovisual equipment and deployment of associated technology.
- Computers and Electronics – General knowledge of computer hardware and software, including applications and programming.
- Basic knowledge of MS Office Suite and Google Workspace Tools (formerly G Suite)
- Time Management – Proficient skills in managing one’s own time.
- Active Listening – Proficient skills in giving full attention to what other people are saying, taking time to understand the points being made, asking questions as appropriate, and not interrupting at inappropriate times.
- Speaking – Proficient skills in talking to others to convey information effectively.
- Ability to perform basic troubleshooting and resolve technical issues with audio-visual, computer and associated network components.
- Ability to lift, pull and push objects weighing up to 50 pounds and to climb ladders.
- Ability to drive.
- Ability to communicate effectively with others.
- Ability to work cooperatively with colleagues and supervisory staff at all levels.